12 Hours of Zombie Apocalypse
Ga. International Horse Park, Conyers, GA
June 20, 2015
2015 SEC Series
sponsored by Terrapin
2015 Dark Nite Series
sponsored by Nite Rider
Georgia International Horse Park (GIHP), Steeple Chase field , 1996 Centennial Olympic Parkway, Conyers, GA 30013
Map Quest Directions click here.
Race Course Info
Race course will be open for pre-ride at 5 pm day before race.
The race course will be all on the steeple chase side. Race Course Distance is 8 miles and will be run clockwise. Elevation gain is approx. 734 feet per lap. *This will be almost identical to the 2015 Green Gobbler race course but in opposite direction. See Race course map below.
Late fees of $10 will be applied after 11:59 pm, Sunday, June 14th
Online registration closes at 8:00 pm, Thursday, June18th
T-shirt deadline 11:59 pm, Sunday, June 14th.
Race Day Registration
$10.00 late fee applied to late and Race Day registration.
*No guarantee of dry fit T-shirt with late or race day registration.
Camping by R.V, campers, or tents will be available in the Steeple Chase field.
Price for camping will be 15.00 for R.V and campers, 10.00 for tents.
*All fees must be paid to promoter on race morning at registration.
Nite Rider Lighting Rentals
Nite Rider will have their complete 2014 line available for rent at the race for $40.00 per system on a First come First serve basis. For more information or to reserve your light system please email Tommy@niterider.com . Nite Rider will also offer to charge light batteries on site at no charge for racers using Nite Rider brand lights and batteries only.
(Racers with alternate brands of lighting systems will have power strips available at the start finish area to charge. Racers are responsible and accept full responsibility for light systems)
Race Day Timeline
6:00-8:00 pm Packet Pick up /Race day registration open
8:30 pm Racers Meeting
8:45 pm Bikes positioned on start line
9:00 pm Race start
9:00 am Race ends
9:30 am Race awards
Rules & Regulations
The 12 hour Mountain Bike Race will start at 9:00pm. Your bike should be positioned at the starting line no later than 8:45 pm.
Mass start: The 12 hour mountain bike race will be a mass start of all race categories at one time. As you finish each lap and approach the pit area you may stop in your pit area. Once each racer approaches the timing/finish area:
1. Each rider must dismount off of the bike and run or walk across the timing mat. (Failure to do so may result in DQ)
2. Each racer must have the number plate mounted and visible on the front of the bike.
3. Once you cross through the timing area you may get back on the bike and continue back out on the course or teams may exchange the timing chip within the designated transition area. (all chips must be exchanged within the transition area, failure to do so may result in DQ)
If a team mate has a mechanical out on the course you have a couple of options:
1. Fix your mechanical as quickly as you can and get riding again. You don't have to be self-supportive in this race. If another rider comes along and they have a tool or knowledge to help, you may do so.
2. If a rider that has a mechanical or has a wreck preventing them from finishing the lap , the rider must radio or call into their team to send another team member on course to start a new lap. The new rider must check in at the timing tent before entering on course. Once a racer radios or calls in and reports to CANCEL the lap it is CANCELLED.
Racers may ride as many laps consecutively as they wish. Each racer must ride a minimum of 1 lap during the 12 hour period. All laps must be completed by 9:00am. or they will NOT count The 12 hour race winners will be the ones that have tallied the most laps at the end of the 12 hours.
TIMING CHIP: Both solo and team racers will receive a timing chip with their team number assigned to it. Your team is responsible for keeping up with this the entire 12 hours. The timing chip must be visible on ankle (left or right) when you pass through the transition area.
All racers who enter the course must have lights mounted up on bikes. All racers must have a red rear tail light mounted as well and turned on. Safety of racers is our main concern and we ask that all racers abide by these rules. (Failure to do so may result in DQ)
Severe Weather Policy
Unless otherwise posted, race will be held. Safety of all racers is main priority.
Transfer / Refund Policy
There will be no registration transfers or refunds once registration is processed.
Solo Beginner / Sport / Expert /Clydesdale
Solo Single Speed
Solo Grand Masters (age 50-59)
Solo Ultra Masters (age 60 and up)
2 Person Male
2 Person Female/Co-ed
4 Person Male
4 Person Female/Co-ed
4 Person "Just Having Fun"
Copyright © 2011-2015 Chain Buster Productions - All Rights Reserved